Life Clichés (10) : A Letter of Hope


On December 31st, I decided that 2020 was a year of ACTION.

And ever since, it has given me every reason to quit many of my projects : each new day was a struggle to meet my challenge and act on what I preached and believed in.

Until mid-March, when COVID 19 pandemic situation was at its peak : I was exhausted and the mental toll that I was already dragging along almost got the best of me.

For the first time, I felt a little bit sad as plans had to be cancelled and projects postponed. My spirits were low, and then the daily news was flooding my life, while I stopped watching the news for the last 8 years.

As a HUGE empath, it was HARD to deal with a daily reminder of : isolation, dread, fear, and ambiguity.

But after spending a couple of weeks slacking off behind and numbing myself with books, reading novels anything that didn't require much thought, I felt that little by little things were going back to normal. 

The troubled waters within me were becoming still and I could see that I had not lost two things : My dreams and aspirations.

So, action took a new course this time, not acting on what was planned rather on the improvised. Consequently, dragging me out of the dead valley of self-lamentation to the vast (intimidating) growth landscape. It was a liberating moment to be back on track again, and believe in the things I can do to help others around me.

Now I know how short-sighted I was on that new year's eve, even more so back in March. Circumstances might change your small plans, but it can barely take away your vision or dreams. I was short-sighted again when I thought that action was acting on what I had planned and its dynamic nature : I know now that you can "gently" shake the world while improvising it at the same time. 

And THIS has profoundly changed my perspective on many things in life.

2020 was the year I was waiting for.

It has helped me to find peace in chaos and more, to accept ambiguity, and to be more gentle with myself and others.

I hope this year brings out the best in you and help you navigate the uncharted waters within.

Verily with hardships comes ease.

Peace be upon you all. 



P.S : Thank you to my family, friends, colleagues and acquaintances who held space for me while I was recovering : UBUNTU.



Comments

Popular Posts

Bits of wisdom ..

Bits of wisdom ..


"Break a vase, and the love that reassembles the fragments is stronger than that love which took its symmetry for granted when it was whole."— Derek Walcott